SOUS CHEF – THE RUNNING HORSES, NR DORKING (RH5 6DU) -
Sous Chef – up to £28,000 including TRONC
Senior CDP applicants welcome
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team in the refurbished 16th century country inn at the heart of picturesque Mickleham village in the Surrey hills, The Running Horses www.therunninghorses.co.uk (RH5 6DU). With 5 en-suite bedrooms, and a pub full of traditional charm and a roaring log fire. The food is traditional English fayre done to a high level, with approximately 100 covers across the bar, restaurant and outside terrace.
Sous Chef – Benefits
- Salary of up to £24,000 depending on experience plus TRONC (approx. £3,750 per annum)
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace pension
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 13 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 9 sites with rooms
- Full training and development, including apprenticeships
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Recruitment Incentive
Sous Chef – Training
Level 3 Senior Chef Apprenticeship in Production Cooking which takes 12-18 months to complete and Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship which takes 12 months to complete
Sous Chef – Responsibility
In order to be a successful Sous Chef you will,
- Have experience of managing a busy kitchen, taking control in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
- Be expected to control costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen.
- Have good communication skills
- Possess exceptional IT and computer skills to enable you to order and control food stock and manage team rotas.
You will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.