SOUS CHEF – THE GOLDEN BALL, NR MAIDENHEAD (SL6 6NW) -
Sous Chef– up to £29,000 per annum depending on experience
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team at The Golden Ball which is set in the idyllic village of Pinkneys Green, near Maidenhead. With an informal atmosphere, a large bar and restaurant it’s the perfect venue with bags of parking.
Sous Chef – Benefits
- Salary of £29,000 depending on experience
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace pension
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 13 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 9 sites with rooms
- Full training and development, including apprenticeships
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Recruitment Incentive
Sous Chef – Training
Level 3 Senior Chef Apprenticeship in Production Cooking which takes 12-18 months to complete and Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship which takes 12 months to complete
Sous Chef – Responsibility
In order to be a successful Sous Chef you will,
- Have experience of managing a busy kitchen, taking control in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
- Be expected to control costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen.
- Have good communication skills
- Possess exceptional IT and computer skills to enable you to order and control food stock and manage team rotas.
You will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.