SOUS CHEF – THE BULL ON BELL STREET – HENLEY ON THAMES (RG9 2BA) -
Sous Chef – Full time, possible live in.
All successful applicants will receive a £500 bonus.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team at The Bull on Bell Street www.bullonbell.co.uk (RG9 2BA) which is located in the heart of the riverside market town of Henley on Thames which has easy access to the M4 and M40. This busy and thriving business has a restaurant with 38 covers, a conservatory with 36 covers and a garden area with about 60 covers. The busy bar sells ales produced in the adjacent micro brewery.
Sous Chef – Responsibilities
In order to be a successful Sous Chef you will,
- Have experience of managing a busy kitchen, taking control in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
- Be expected to manage to costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen.
- Have good communication skills
- Be computer literate to a good standard.The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry
Sous Chef – Benefits
- We offer the following:
- Salary of up to £27,000 pa depending on experience plus TRONC £4/5,000 per annum.
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace pension
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our seven sites with rooms
- Full training and development, including external courses.