SOUS CHEF – THE CHEQUERS – MARLOW -
Experienced Sous Chef
Considered a key member of the team within our managed division, the Sous Chef should be committed to assisting the Head Chef to drive the business forward through consistent quality and on-going menu development.
What we offer:
- Salary of up to £26,000 depending on experience plus tips
- Discounts at restaurants and major retailers
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Cooking with fresh locally sourced ingredients
- Brand new kitchen
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our nine sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our six sites with rooms (Sunday through Wednesday)
- Full training and development, including external courses.
In order to be a successful Sous Chef you will,
- Have experience of managing a busy kitchen, taking control in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
- Be expected to manage to costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen.
- Have good communication skills
- Be computer literate to a good standard.
The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
The Chequers ( www.thechequersmarlow.co.uk)
- Located in the heart of the busy riverside town of Marlow, Buckinghamshire. Marlow is about half an hour from London and at Junction 6 of the M40.
- Parts of the pub date back to the 16 century, the pub is very traditional with lots of original features
- The main restaurant has 81 covers, the bar area has a 30 further covers
- The Churchill Tap is a traditional craft beer bar within the pub which can double up as a function room for weddings, office parties etc
- All food is fresh and cooked on the premises making The Chequers one of the best quality steak houses in Marlow, you choose cut and the size of the steak from the Butcher Block and have it with salad, potatoes etc
- There are 9 en-suite letting fully refurbished this year
- There is a small terrace to the front of the pub which has an additional 24 covers
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.