KITCHEN PORTER – THE SHEEP – STOW ON THE WOLD (GL54 1AU) -
Kitchen Porter – part time.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for Kitchen Porter to join our team at the Sheep in Stow on the Wold www.thesheepstow.co.uk (GL54 1AU) which was fully refurbished in 2016. Set in the heart of the Cotswolds this pub has a large and welcoming bar with a speciality gin menu, an extensive restaurant with up to 100 covers, an outside terrace and 22 en-suite letting rooms. The food is Modern European and International.
Kitchen Porter – Responsibility
In order to be a successful Kitchen Porter you will,
- Aid the chefs in day to day prep for menu items.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible and in line with the cleaning schedule.
- Clean food prep areas & equipment in addition to crockery & cutlery.
- Collect & wash up pots & pans.
- Keep fridges and storerooms clean and organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean & sanitised.
- Support the chefs in safe storage of all deliveries.
- Reporting maintenance issues to management.The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
Kitchen Porter – Benefits
We offer the following:
- Hourly rate of up to £7.83 depending on experience plus TRONC (£2.00ph)
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 7 sites with rooms
- Workplace pension
- Full training and development, including external courses.