KITCHEN PORTER – THE RETREAT, STAINES (TW18 2RT) -
Kitchen Porter – LIVE IN AVAILABLE
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to join our team at The Retreat www.theretreatstaines.co.uk (TW18 2RT) which is located on the outskirts of Staines. It was fully refurbished in December 2016 and is a busy bar with a gin and cocktail menu (76 covers) plus a restaurant with up to 80 covers and an outside terrace with approx. 60 covers.
Kitchen Porter – Responsibilities
In order to be a successful Kitchen Porter you will,
- Aid the chefs in day to day prep for menu items.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible and in line with the cleaning schedule.
- Clean food prep areas & equipment in addition to crockery & cutlery.
- Collect & wash up pots & pans.
- Keep fridges and storerooms clean and organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean & sanitised.
- Support the chefs in safe storage of all deliveries.
- Reporting maintenance issues to management.The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.We offer the following:
Kitchen Porter – Benefits
- Hourly rate of up to £7.83 depending on experience plus TRONC and tips. LIVE IN AVAILABLE.
70% off meals whilst on duty
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 7 sites with rooms
- Workplace pension
- Full training and development, including external courses.