KITCHEN PORTER – THE PORCH HOUSE, STOW ON THE WOLD (GL54 1BN) -
Kitchen Porter – Up to £10.21 per hour including TRONC depending on age and experience.
We are looking for Kitchen Porter to join our team at The Porch House www.porch-house.co.uk (GL54 1BN) which is an award-winning Cotswold pub with a large restaurant, conservatory, bar and private dining room along with 13 boutique rooms. It’s had a complete makeover in 2013, and has just been crowned AA pub of the year 2015/16 and rated best new pub by the Good Pub Guide for 2015/16 too.
Kitchen Porter – Benefits
We offer the following:
- Hourly rate of £8.21 depending on age and experience plus TRONC (£2.00 per hour)
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 12 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 9 sites with rooms
- Workplace pension
- Full training and development, including apprenticeships
- Recruitment Incentive
- Employee Assistance Programme
Kitchen Porter – Training
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship which takes 12 months to complete
Kitchen Porter – Responsibility
In order to be a successful Kitchen Porter you will,
- Aid the chefs in prep for menu items.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible and in line with the cleaning schedule.
- Clean food prep areas & equipment in addition to crockery & cutlery.
- Collect & wash up pots & pans.
- Keep fridges and storerooms clean and organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean & sanitised.
- Support the chefs in safe storage of all deliveries.
- Reporting maintenance issues to management.You will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.