KITCHEN PORTER – THE LITTLE ANGEL, HENLEY ON THAMES (RG9 2LS) -
Kitchen Porter – Job Summary
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for experienced Kitchen Porter to join our large yet cosy pub close to the river in Henley on Thames , between the M4 and M40 motorways. Food is Modern British, the restaurant is 80 covers with an additional 50 covers in the Conservatory and 60 on the outside terrace.
Kitchen Porter – Responsibilities
In order to be a successful Kitchen Porter you will,
- Aid the chefs in day to day prep for menu items.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible and in line with the cleaning schedule.
- Clean food prep areas & equipment in addition to crockery & cutlery.
- Collect & wash up pots & pans.
- Keep fridges and storerooms clean and organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean & sanitised.
- Support the chefs in safe storage of all deliveries.
- Reporting maintenance issues to management.The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
Kitchen Porter – Benefits
We offer the following:
- Hourly rate of up to £7.83 plus tips depending on experience
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 7 sites with rooms
- Workplace pension
- Full training and development, including external courses.