KITCHEN PORTER – THE CHEQUERS, MARLOW (SL7 1BA) -
Kitchen Porter – up to £9.83 per hour including TRONC
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to join our team at The Chequers in Marlow www.thechequersmarlow.co.uk, (SL7 1BA), a busy riverside town. The pub is very traditional with parts dating back to the 16th century, the main restaurant has about 80 covers and has a high quality steak offer. There are 9 new letting rooms and 2 large bar areas, one specialising in real ales, The Churchill Tap.
Kitchen Porter – Benefits
We offer the following:
- Hourly rate of £7.83 depending on experience plus TRONC (£2.00 ph)
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 7 sites with rooms
- Workplace pension
- Full training and development, including apprenticeships
- Recruitment Incentive
- Employee Assistance Programme
Kitchen Porter – Training
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship which takes 12 months to complete
Kitchen Porter – Responsibility
In order to be a successful Kitchen Porter you will,
- Aid the chefs in prep for menu items.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible and in line with the cleaning schedule.
- Clean food prep areas & equipment in addition to crockery & cutlery.
- Collect & wash up pots & pans.
- Keep fridges and storerooms clean and organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean & sanitised.
- Support the chefs in safe storage of all deliveries.
- Reporting maintenance issues to management.You will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.