KITCHEN PORTER – THE BULL ON BELL STREET, HENLEY ON THAMES (RG9 2BA) -
Kitchen Porter – up to £9.71 per hour including TRONC
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to join our team at The Bull on Bell Street www.bullonbell.co.uk (RG9 2BA) which is located in the heart of the riverside market town of Henley on Thames which has easy access to the M4 and M40. This busy and thriving business has a restaurant with 38 covers, a conservatory with 36 covers and a garden area with about 60 covers. The busy bar sells ales produced in the adjacent micro brewery.
Kitchen Porter – Benefits
We offer the following:
- Hourly rate of £8.21 depending on age and experience plus TRONC (£1.50 per hour)
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 13 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 9 sites with rooms
- Workplace pension
- Full training and development, including apprenticeships
- Recruitment Incentive
- Employee Assistance Programme
Kitchen Porter – Training
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship which takes 12 months to complete
Kitchen Porter – Responsibilities
In order to be a successful Kitchen Porter you will,
- Aid the chefs in prep for menu items.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible and in line with the cleaning schedule.
- Clean food prep areas & equipment in addition to crockery & cutlery.
- Collect & wash up pots & pans.
- Keep fridges and storerooms clean and organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean & sanitised.
- Support the chefs in safe storage of all deliveries.
- Reporting maintenance issues to management.
You will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.