KITCHEN PORTER – THE SHEEP ON SHEEP STREET, STOW ON THE WOLD -
We offer the following:
- Hourly rate of up £7.50 per hour depending on experience plus TRONC
- Discounts at restaurants and major retailers
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Cooking with fresh locally sourced ingredients
- Brand new kitchen
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our nine
- 50% off hotel rooms within our six sites with rooms (Sunday through Wednesday)
- Full training and development, including external courses.
In order to be a successful Kitchen Porter you will,
- Aid the chefs in day to day prep for menu items.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible and in line with the cleaning schedule.
- Clean food prep areas & equipment in addition to crockery & cutlery.
- Collect & wash up pots & pans.
- Keep fridges and storerooms clean and organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean & sanitised.
- Support the chefs in safe storage of all deliveries.
- Reporting maintenance issues to management.
The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
The Sheep on Sheep Street ( www.thesheepstow.co.uk)
- Located in the heart of the Cotswold market town of Stow on the Wold
- Fully refurbished in July 2016
- 22 en-suite letting rooms
- A large bar area with a speciality gin menu
- Outside terrace area with approx. 40 covers
- Restaurant 100 covers and the food is Modern European and International
- Separate dining area, The Pen, for approx. 32 people
- For applicants not living in Stow a car is required.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.