KITCHEN PORTER (PART TIME) – THE NAGS HEAD, ABINGDON (OX14 3HX) -
Kitchen Porter (part time 20-35hrs per week) – up to £8.21 per hour plus TRONC
We are looking for Kitchen Porter to join our team at The Nags Head which is situated halfway across Abingdon Bridge, positioned in the middle of the Thames with riverside gardens nestled in the stunning surroundings of Nag’s Island. It is a peaceful retreat amongst the rushes and willows providing many comfortable areas for families and diners to enjoy the best outdoor dining in Abingdon. The menu is classical British fare, tailored to the seasonal produce available locally. The menu is changed quarterly to reflect the seasons.
Kitchen Porter – benefits
We offer the following:
- Hourly rate of up to £8.21 per hour depending on age and experience plus TRONC
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 12 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 9 sites with rooms
- Workplace pension
- Full training and development, including apprenticeships
- Recruitment Incentive
- Employee Assistance Programme
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship which takes 12 months to complete
Kitchen Porter – Responsibility
In order to be a successful Kitchen Porter you will,
- Aid the chefs in prep for menu items.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible and in line with the cleaning schedule.
- Clean food prep areas & equipment in addition to crockery & cutlery.
- Collect & wash up pots & pans.
- Keep fridges and storerooms clean and organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean & sanitised.
- Support the chefs in safe storage of all deliveries.
- Reporting maintenance issues to management.
You will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.