KITCHEN PORTER – THE CHEQUERS – MARLOW -
Experienced Kitchen Porter
What we offer:
- Hourly rate of up to £7.50 plus TRONC depending on experience
- Discounts at restaurants and major retailers
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Cooking with fresh locally sourced ingredients
- Brand new kitchen
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our nine
- 50% off hotel rooms within our six sites with rooms (Sunday through Wednesday)
- Full training and development, including external courses.
In order to be a successful Kitchen Porter you will,
- Aid the chefs in day to day prep for menu items.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible and in line with the cleaning schedule.
- Clean food prep areas & equipment in addition to crockery & cutlery.
- Collect & wash up pots & pans.
- Keep fridges and storerooms clean and organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean & sanitised.
- Support the chefs in safe storage of all deliveries.
- Reporting maintenance issues to management.
The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
The Chequers ( www.thechequersmarlow.co.uk)
- Located in the heart of the busy riverside town of Marlow, Buckinghamshire. Marlow is about half an hour from London and at Junction 6 of the M40.
- Parts of the pub date back to the 16 century, the pub is very traditional with lots of original features
- The main restaurant has 81 covers, the bar area has a 30 further covers
- The Churchill Tap is a traditional craft beer bar within the pub which can double up as a function room for weddings, office parties etc
- All food is fresh and cooked on the premises making The Chequers one of the best quality steak houses in Marlow, you choose cut and the size of the steak from the Butcher Block and have it with salad, potatoes etc
- There are 9 en-suite letting fully refurbished this year
- There is a small terrace to the front of the pub which has an additional 24 covers
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.