JUNIOR SOUS CHEF – THE DOG & DUCK, WOKINGHAM (RG41 1JT) -
Junior Sous Chef – at least 1 years experience in a similar role – possible live in
We are Brakspear an award-winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for experienced Junior Sous Chef staff to join our team at The Dog & Duck, Wokingham www.dogandduckemmbrook.co.uk (RG41 1JT) which was fully refurbished last year. Based in the heart of Wokingham the pub has a large yet cosy bar and restaurant with up to 100 covers serving traditional pub food.
Junior Sous Chef – Responsibility
In order to be a successful Junior Sous Chef you will,
- Have experience of managing a busy kitchen, taking control in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
- Be expected to manage to costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen.
- Have good communication skills
- Be computer literate to a good standard.The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
Junior Sous Chef – Benefits
- Salary of up to £26,000 depending on experience plus TRONC
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace pension
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our seven sites with rooms
- Full training and development, including external courses.