HEAD CHEF – THE SHEEP – STOW ON THE WOLD (GL54 1AU) -
Head Chef – Job summary – Package to £47,000 depending on experience
We are Brakspear an award-winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for a Head Chef to join our team at the Sheep in Stow on the Wold www.thesheepstow.co.uk (GL54 1AU) which was fully refurbished in 2016. Set in the heart of the Cotswolds this pub has a large and welcoming bar with a speciality gin menu, an extensive restaurant with up to 100 covers, an outside terrace and 22 en-suite letting rooms. The food is Modern European and International.
Head Chef – Responsibilities
In order to be a successful Head Chef you will,
- Work with the General Manager to drive food sales within the business.
- Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
- Have experience of managing and building the team within the kitchen ensuring effective teamwork.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
- Be expected to manage costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen within budget.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be computer literate to a good standard.The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
Head Chef – Benefits
We offer the following:
- Salary of £37,000 depending on experience plus bonus
- £10K bonus paid quarterly
- Life Assurance with Private Medical
- Enhanced employer Pension contributions
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our seven sites with rooms
- Full training and development, including external courses
- Laundered whites