HEAD CHEF – THE DOG & DUCK, WOKINGHAM (RG41 1JT) -
Head chef – up to £33,000 plus an annual bonus of up to £6,000
Must come from a branded background, understand following recipes, online ordering system. Experienced preferred but not essential.
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef staff to join our team at The Dog & Duck, Wokingham www.dogandduckemmbrook.co.uk (RG41 1JT) which was fully refurbished last year. Based in the heart of Wokingham the pub has a large yet cosy bar and restaurant with up to 100 covers serving traditional pub food.
Head Chef – Benefits
We offer the following:
- Salary of £33,000, depending on experience
- Annual £6K bonus paid quarterly
- Life Assurance with Private Medical
- Enhanced employer Pension contributions
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 13 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 9 sites with rooms
- Full training and development, including apprenticeships
- Laundered whites
- Recruitment Incentive
- Employee Assistance Programme
Head Chef – Training
Level 4 Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship which takes between 12 – 18 months to complete.
Head Chef – Responsibility
In order to be a successful Head Chef you will:
- Work with the General Manager to drive food sales within the business.
- Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
- Have experience of managing and building the team within the kitchen ensuring effective teamwork.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
- Be expected to manage costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen within budget.
- Have good communication skills.
- Possess exceptional IT and computer skills to enable you to order and control food stock and manage team rotas.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.