HEAD CHEF – THE BULL ON BELL STREET – HENLEY ON THAMES -
Head Chef – The Bull on Bell Street, Henley on Thames
Experienced Head Chef £35,000-£38,000 per year plus bonus of up to £10,000
Experienced Head Chef – immediate start
Considered a key member of the management team within our managed division, the Head Chef is committed to assisting the General Manager to drive the business through consistent quality and on-going menu development.
What we offer:
- Salary of up to £38,000 plus bonus plus tips depending on experience
- Discounts at restaurants and major retailers
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Cooking with fresh locally sourced ingredients, modern British Gastro
- Brand new kitchen
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 10 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our six sites with rooms (Sunday through Wednesday)
- Full training and development, including external courses.
In order to be a successful Head Chef you will,
- Work with the General Manager to drive food sales within the business.
- Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients
- Have experience of managing and building the team within the kitchen ensuring effective teamwork.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
- Be expected to manage costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen within budget.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be computer literate to a good standard.The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
Bull on Bell Street (www.bullonbell.co.uk)
- Located in the heart of the riverside town Henley on Thames, in Oxfordshire, there is easy access to the M4 and M40
- This beautiful historic building dates back to 1564 and was fully refurbished in 2013 and had a sparkle in 2017.
- A very busy, thriving bar area
- The main restaurant area can cater for 38 covers, and the conservatory has 36 covers, plus there is a private function/dining area which can cater for 36 covers
- The paved garden area also has approx. 60 covers
- The Bull on Bell Street microbrewery is located behind the pub and the pub sells the ales produce in it.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.