GENERAL MANAGER – THE RUNNING HORSES, NR DORKING (RH5 6DU) -
General Manager – Job Summary – Package up to £52,000, Studio Flat accommodation available
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for a General Manager to join our team in the refurbished 16th century country inn at the heart of picturesque Mickleham village in the Surrey hills. With 5 en-suite bedrooms, and a pub full of traditional charm and a roaring log fire. The food is traditional English fayre done to a high level, with approximately 100 covers across the bar, restaurant and outside terrace.
General Manager – Responsibility
In order to be a successful General Manager you will,
- Be the face of the business, recruiting, training and motivating a team of customer focused individuals.
- Create a customer focused environment where service comes first in a fun and professional environment for team and guests.
- Have high energy levels as being a General Manager with Brakspear should not only be fun but hands on, varied and fast paced as no two days are ever the same.
- Have experience of driving sales and converting to profit.
- Promote and drive special events and marketing activities to maximise footfall
- Be responsible for achieving your budgets and margins by accurately forecasting sales, controlling stock and daily costs and contributing ideas to further develop the business.
- Actively managing food service and menu feedback alongside the head chef
- Manage compliance in line with food safety and health & safety legislation and licensing laws.
- Live within a 40 minute drive of the site or be prepared to relocate to within this distance.
General Manager – Benefits
- Salary of up to £42,000 plus £10,000 bonus
- £10K bonus paid quarterly plus profit share
- Life Assurance with Private Medical
- Enhanced employer Pension contributions
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our seven sites with rooms
- Full training and development, including external courses.