GENERAL MANAGER – THE RETREAT – STAINES -
General Manager Up to £40,000
You will have experience of working within a branded environment but with the business knowledge and drive to take your own business decisions, delivering consistent quality, excellent customer service and on-going menu development.
What we offer you as General Manager:
- Salary of up to £40K
- Potential to earn quarterly bonus
- 70% off meals on duty
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food across our other nine sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our other six sites (Sunday through Wednesday)
- Full training and development, including external courses
- The opportunity to recruit and build your own team
- A brand new redeveloped site
In order to be a successful General Manager you will,
- Be the face of the business, recruiting, training and motivating a team of up to 30 customer focused individuals
- Create a customer focused environment where service comes first in a fun and professional environment for team and guests.
- Be responsible for achieving your budgets and margins by accurately forecasting sales, controlling stock and daily costs and contributing ideas to further develop the business
- Have experience of driving sales and converting to profit
- Promote and drive special events and marketing activities to maximise footfall
- Actively managing food service and menu feedback alongside the head chef
- Manage compliance in line with food safety and health & safety legislation and licensing laws
- Have high energy levels as being a General Manager with Brakspear should not only be fun but hands on, varied and fast paced as no two days are ever the same.
- Live within a 40 minute drive of the site or be prepared to relocate to within this distance
·This large pub is on the outskirts of Staines in a residential area
·The pub was fully refurbished in December 2016
·Busy bar with a speciality gin range and cocktail menu
·The bar area has 76 covers with a bar menu
·The restaurant has 80 covers
·The outside terrace has approx. 60 covers
·The food is Modern British pub food with a large wood fired pizza oven for pizzas etc
·All food is fresh and prepared from scratch.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.