COMMIS CHEF – THE PORCH HOUSE – STOW ON THE WOLD -
We offer the following:
- Hourly rate of up to £7.50 plus TRONC
- Discounts at restaurants and major retailers
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Cooking with fresh locally sourced ingredients
- Brand new kitchen
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our nine
- 50% off hotel rooms within our six sites with rooms (Sunday through Wednesday)
- Full training and development, including external courses.
In order to be a successful Commis Chef you will,
- Be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure and control levels of guest satisfaction, quality and operations within set food costs on an on going basis.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- Be flexible, as the kitchen team is small there may be some Kitchen Porter duties too.
The successful Commis Chef will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
The Porch House ( www.porch-house.co.uk)
- Located in the market town of Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire
- Parts of the pub have been carbon dated back to 947AD, this pub is traditional and full of historical features
- There are many parts to this business – a busy bar with approx. 40 covers – the main restaurant with 42 covers and the Conservatory with 28 covers – the rear garden has 40 covers and the terrace to the front of the pub 22 covers – 13 en-suite guest bedrooms – the private function room which can hold 60 for a party and seat 12 for dinner – the pub also holds a marriage licence for weddings
- Food is traditional British with a Mediterranean influence, everything is freshly prepared from scratch
- AA pub of year 2016
- Good pub Guide New Pub of the Year 2016
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.