BAR & WAITING – THE NAGS HEAD, ABINGDON (OX14 3HX) -
Bar & Waiting – up to £8.40 per hours depending on age and experience plus TRONC.
POSS LIVE IN.
FULL AND PART TIME.
We are looking for Bar & Waiting staff to join our team at The Nags Head which is situated halfway across Abingdon Bridge, positioned in the middle of the Thames with riverside gardens nestled in the stunning surroundings of Nag’s Island. It is a peaceful retreat amongst the rushes and willows providing many comfortable areas for families and diners to enjoy the best outdoor dining in Abingdon. The menu is classical British fare, tailored to the seasonal produce available locally. The menu is changed quarterly to reflect the seasons.
Bar & Waiting – Benefits
We offer the following:
- Hourly rate of up to £8.40 depending on age and experience plus TRONC
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 12 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 9 sites with rooms
- Workplace pension
- Full training and development, including apprenticeships
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Recruitment Incentive
Bar & Waiting – Training
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship including APLH course and acquiring a Personal Licence, which takes 12 months to complete
Bar & Waiting – Responsibility
Some experience in bar and restaurant work would be helpful, however, a great personality and the ability to mix with every guest is more important for our bar and waiting team as full training will be given.
In order to be successful Team member you will have fun whilst,
- Greeting every guest with a smile, ensuring their every need is anticipated and delivered through the 10 steps of service during their visit
- Sharing your knowledge of our food and drinks by making recommendations whilst taking orders
- Maximising sales through suggestion and up-selling
- Prepare and serve drinks to the highest standard
- Dealing with payments for cash & card transactions
- Maintaining standards of cleanliness & hygiene in the bar, restaurant and garden areas, emptying ashtrays, cleaning tables and washing glasses
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.