BAR MANAGER – THE GEORGE – SHIPSTON ON STOUR (CV36 4AJ) -
Bar Manager – Full time – LIVE IN AVAILABLE
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for a Bar Manager to join our team at The George Townhouse www.thegeorgeshipston.co.uk (CV36 4AJ) which is located in Shipston on Stour in the Cotswolds. It was fully refurbished in 2016 and is a busy town centre bar with large restaurant and outside terrace (approx. 100 covers) serving fresh Modern British food plus 15 en suite letting rooms.
Bar Manager – Responsibility
As Bar Manager your main focus will be ensuring the team delivers a guest experience dedicated to quality and exceptional customer service. You will ensure every guest is welcomed with a smile and served a drink that will quench any thirst. An exceptional knowledge of wines, cocktails and craft beer will be necessary to deliver an outstanding guest experience, whilst leading the team during service.
In order to be a successful Bar Manager you will,
- Have previous experience of working as a Bar Manager in a similar environment.
- Have personality, enthusiasm and energy by the bucket load
- Maintain outstanding attention to detail, encouraging high standards of service throughout the team.
- Have high standards of bar and cellar management, ensuring all products are stocked and served to the highest standards possible
- Have experience in dealing with guest feedback with confidence followed by communication with the rest of the management team
- Be able to deliver a warm and charming, hands on management style which will engage both guests and team
- Ideally hold a Personal Licence to sell alcohol but it’s not essential
Bar Manager – Benefits
We offer the following:
- Hourly rate of up to £8.50 plus TRONC plus tips depending on experience
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our seven sites with rooms
- Workplace pension
- Full training and development, including external courses.