BAR MANAGER – THE GEORGE – SHIPSTON ON STOUR -
Experienced Bar Manager up to £20,000 per year depending on experience
We offer the following:
- A salary of up to £20,000 per annum depending on experience
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 10 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our six sites with rooms (Sunday through Wednesday)
- Discounts at restaurants and major retailers
- Full training and development, including external courses.
As Bar Manager at The George your main focus will be ensuring the team delivers a guest experience dedicated to quality and exceptional customer service. You will ensure every guest is welcomed with a smile and served a drink that will quench any thirst. An exceptional knowledge of wines, cocktails and craft beer will be necessary to deliver an outstanding guest experience, whilst leading the team during service.
In order to be a successful Bar Manager you will,
- Have previous experience of working as a Bar Manager in a similar environment.
- Have personality, enthusiasm and energy by the bucket load
- Maintain outstanding attention to detail, encouraging high standards of service throughout the team.
- Have high standards of bar and cellar management, ensuring all products are stocked and served to the highest standards possible
- Have experience in dealing with guest feedback with confidence followed by communication with the rest of the management team
- Be able to deliver a warm and charming, hands on management style which will engage both guests and team
- Ideally hold a Personal Licence to sell alcohol but it’s not essential
The George Townhouse ( thegeorgeshipston.co.uk)
- Situated in the market town of Shipston on Stour, between Stratford and Banbury
- Fully refurbished in 2016
- 15 en-suite guest bedrooms
- Busy bar area
- Restaurant with a maximum of 100 covers, usually 60-70 covers at peak times
- Outside terrace area with an additional 25 covers
- Food is Modern British with good classic pub food
- All food is cooked, fresh from scratch
- Join the successful team and learn on the job
If live in the successful applicant will need to undertake Fire Warden training too
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.