Reporting to the General Manager
The role involves:
- Being the face of the bar
- Creating a customer focussed environment where service comes first
- Managing the efficient running and profitability of the bar
- Agreeing and managing budgets including setting targets
- Training and motivating a team of customer focussed individuals
- Actively managing the range of drinks, actively promoting the best margin products
- Ensuring compliance with licensing, hygiene and health & safety legislation/guidelines.
- Promoting and marketing the wet side of the business.
- Ensuring beer and wine are kept in good condition.
- Stock management, ordering.
- Greeting and serving customers promptly.
- Handling customer enquiries and complaints.
- Preparing and presenting staff/sales reports.
- Where necessary handling administration and paperwork.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, licensing authorities etc.
- Making improvements to the smooth running of the bar.
What we are looking for from you
Being the right person is the most important qualification, here are some other ones we look for
- A degree/HND in a related subject, business, management, hospitality or hotel & catering.
- Personal Licence.
- First Aid.
- Excellent customer service kills
- Commercial awareness
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organisational and problem solving skills.
- Teamwork skills
- A passion for bar culture and trends is an added bonus.
- Customer service and supervisory role
- Food & beverage experience
- Direct experience of this role with a well established premises
- Depending on the site food led or wet led experience