Reporting to the Bar Manager.
The role involves:
- Delivering a quality service experience for the customer from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave.
- Building relationships with regular guests in order to encourage repeat custom.
- Working in a pressurised environment both as part of a team and under your own initiative.
- Participation in regular business related training sessions.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of licensing legislation
- Developing product knowledge of food and beverage items available.
- Greeting customers and ensuring that they are appropriately directed.
- Giving out menus, taking orders, making recommendations.
- Maximising sales through suggestion and up-selling.
- Dealing with payments for cash & card transactions.
- Maintaining standards of cleanliness & hygiene in the bar areas.
- Empting ashtrays and cleaning tables
- Washing glasses and bar equipment
- Maintaining an excellent uniform standard.
- Having fun!
What we are looking for from you
Being the right person is the most important qualification, here are some other ones we look for
- Basic food hygiene certificate.
- First aid certificate.
- Friendly, smiling and sociable.
- Calm, patient and polite.
- Helpful, willing to go out of their way to help customers.
- Confident and motivated.
- Professional and a team player.
- Direct experience of the role in a well established, successful business.