General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We take your privacy very seriously. You are being sent a copy of this privacy notice because you are applying for work with us. This policy contains important information about what to expect when we collect personal information about you, how we will use your personal data and how long it will be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details below: email@example.com
We would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach any external body, so please feel free to contact us in the first instance.
The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and covering letter, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history and qualifications.
- Notes of any information you provide to us during an interview.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate.
- Online hiring providers, such as Caterer.com, Indeed, Reed, from which we may collect your name, email address, phone number, curriculum vitae and cover letter, messages you have sent to these providers as part of your application, your application history, employment history, your location and education and qualification details.
- Certain recruitment agencies and apprenticeship service providers with whom we have relationships, from which we may collect your name, email address, phone number, curriculum vitae and cover letter, messages you have sent to them as part of your application, your application history, employment history, your location and education and qualification details.
- If we decide to undertake such checks, the Disclosure and Barring Service in respect of criminal convictions.
- Your named referees, from whom we collect personal data contained within any reference that they provide us.
How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of work with you.
Having received your CV, we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role.
We will only share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of processing your application. All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We take the security of your personal data very seriously and have in place appropriate security measures at all times, including where we share your information with our suppliers and partners, to protect your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Please take care of your own information. For security tips and tricks when using the internet, Wi-Fi and smartphones or tablets, please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
We can only keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
Right to withdraw consent
When you applied for this role, you provided consent to us processing your personal information for the purposes of the recruitment exercise in certain ways that we made clear to you at the time we obtained your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and will dispose of your personal data securely.